Monday 8 February 2010

First Blog

Been thinking about what to type in here for a little while. When you write your first blog you want something fun, witty, excellently intelligent or at least vaguely entertaining to use as a subject matter. I have none of the above, but simply a routine day - which to be fair could sometimes decide to be all of the above, and at other times, none other than as previously stated a routine, uninteresting and simply boring day.

So when one only has boring days to write of how does one change the routine humdrum to something which might amuse or at least distract. The truth? One can't.

Routine is part of life. And I guess without it we lose recognition of our own life and we cease to be familiar with our time and loose ourselves in chaos. Some like this kind of an existance of drift and flow. But if I'm drearily honest, I find something comforting about routine and normalcy. And I guess if we're all honest, we all do.

Today however, I can add to this monotonous post, that it's snowing! I do like snow. I cease to be a thirty-something when it snows and become a child again. Dreaming of days off, snowball fights and sledging and drinking hot chocolate by the fire to warm up afterwards when the soggy coats, scarves and gloves are safely ensconced on the radiator drying out.

Today though I'm in my office being a realist. I have patients to see, admin to do and I'm not going to get on a sledge after work as I'm too busy studying!

1 comment:

  1. oh rebekah, you are funny. There's not enuf snow to sledge today. You're likely to end up eating soup and smoothies like your brother in law if you do. Anyway have a fit day. love u loads.

    ReplyDelete